Saturday, March 10, 2012

Anyone live in Provo or Salt Lake City Utah?

Do you like it? Which has better weather? How is the economy, schools, housing? Did you move there from elsewhere? I've decided that if I am going to move from Buffalo, NY, then that is probably where I am going to look. Preferably a detached 3 bd. house with a garage in a safe area. My husband would need to find a job as an addictions/mental health counselor. My business at present is portable and I would be looking for an opportunity in the future with Ancestry.com or the LDS Family History Library Headquarters. That would only be if I get better health wise but would probably happen with the change of climate. I also have a hs senior who will be going to college by Jan 2009 or Sept 2009 and pursuing a creative field. I probably won't go unless my siblings and mother do but it wouldn't take much convincing to get the siblings and spouses to go.



If I stay here I will be in a wheelchair in less than ten years and I am missing out on a life I planned for in college.Anyone live in Provo or Salt Lake City Utah?
I grew up in Provo and spent 10 years of my adult life in Salt Lake. Provo is not nearly as nice as SLC. It's a lot more conservative and more closed minded as far as the people go than I care for.

Salt Lake is quite nice. The weather can be a bummer in the winter since it is in a valley it gets pretty hazy and just down right depressing, but summer, fall and spring there is beautiful.

There are a lot of nice, safe neighborhoods, but anything in a nice area is really expensive. If you are planning on working for the church since all their offices tend to be downtown, some decent areas for you to look for housing would be the zip codes of 84103- east side, 84109, 84108, 84124 and 84117. All those areas are very safe, upperclass neighborhoods and fairly close to downtown and good freeway access. The schools are all better in those neighborhoods and even though housing is more expensive in those areas, with market slow right now you should be able to get a good deal on a house.

Here is a great website to look at all the mls house listings. Search in those zip codes I gave you and see what you think.

http://utahrealestate.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment