Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's the fastest driving route from Virginia to Utah?

I'll be leaving Virginia Beach at 4:30pm on Friday, December 16th. I have a friend driving with me, so we ONLY plan on stopping for food and gas. The goal is to get there by Sunday morning. I know it's possible, and I did this drive myself in May, and it only took 40 hours (including stops). I'm just not sure how cooperative the weather is going to be.



Cliffnotes:

-Have a partner driver.

-Need to make it to Utah in less than 39 hours.

-I drove I80 in May, and was told that it'd be bad to drive in December.What's the fastest driving route from Virginia to Utah?
Chances are any route you take is not going to be cooperative, the climatic norm for mid-December makes it likely you will encounter trouble any way you go, especially in mountain passes and the wind swept plains of the West. Driving on I-80 all the way really doesn't make sense anyways, since you end up going pretty far out of your way North, I recommend trying this option:



Take I-64 from Virginia Beach to Saint Louis

In Saint Louis switch to I-70, which will take you all the way to Utah.

If you need to go to Salt Lake City, travel up I-15 once you are in the state.



--Alternative--

Take I-64 to St. Louis

In Saint Louis switch to I-70, which you will take to Kansas City

In Kansas City switch to I-29, which you will take to Omaha

In Omaha switch to I-80, which will take you to UtahWhat's the fastest driving route from Virginia to Utah?
North on I 95 to Washington DC New York Ave west bound (US 50 West)

Take this to St Louis pick up I 70 there west to Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment