Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Thoughts on Provo, Utah?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking into places I might move after graduating from college, and Provo Utah has seemed to catch my attention. Does anybody live in or around this area that could give me any more information on it? It seems like a beautiful place to live: canyons, rivers, lakes, mountains, I love nature!! With 105,000 people, will Provo be crowded? I've heard they hold a lot of events there, so wouldn't want it to be too overpopulated... Does anyone know what the weather is like? Snow is what I am trying to get away from... so is Provo a safe place? I guess I'm just all-around curious about this town... Tell me anything? I would love to hear what you guys think about Provo and the activities to do there. Tell me what you can!! Thank youuuuThoughts on Provo, Utah?
Provo/Orem (side by side cities) are quite safe. It is a bit warmer and it does get a bit less snow than Salt Lake, but you're still going to want to want a coat or jacket from mid October through through March with an occasional really pleasant day.



You don't drive in snow that often....maybe one in 10 days during the winter and the snow removal is quite good. Throughout the winter it comes and goes. Right now, there's no snow on my lawn at all, but there will be within the next 10 days. About 1 in 20 days in that time period might be especially cold and unpleasant.



It is safe, beautiful, and a really pleasant place to live. You might want to take up skiing or snowboarding if you do move here. At least go sledding from time to time!



Provo isn't crowded unless there's a BYU football game or something like that going on. They've got their rush hour traffic like anywhere else, but it's not that bad. I wouldn't concern yourself with "overpopulation" or crowdedness.



You might look into some place like Saratoga Springs. They got hit hard by the real estate bust and there are some deals to be had. It sits right on the edge of Utah Lake, you've got canyons and open land minutes away, and you're not that far (25 minutes) from the bigger canyons like Provo Canyon or American Fork Canyon. Lots of open space out there.



Other areas like that: Eagle Mountain, Stansbury Park, Eden, or Heber City.



Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have further questions. I've lived in Davis County, Salt Lake, and Provo.Thoughts on Provo, Utah?
Utah Lake is shallow and therefore murky, but it's not polluted or littered. Lots of people put boats on it and some swim. There's also Jordanelle and Deer Creek up the canyon (45 min). Pineview, Willard, and Echo are a bit further. You can do anything you want on the rivers and lakes.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment