Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How to make durable all weather outdoor feral cat shelters?

I live in Utah where the summers can get up 99 and down to single digits in the winter, so I want that will be good in any weather. I realize that what kind of bedding is appropriate depends on the weather. I would appreciate any info you have on building and maintaining a shelter.

I'd also like know what bedding worked best and where some good locations would be to place the shelters. Also any websites that have anything to with cat shelters

I've never don e this before but I want to help the cats that are outside in this storm we're having, so maybe they can have some dry and cozy to go to during the next one.

p.s. how do you get the cats used to the shelterHow to make durable all weather outdoor feral cat shelters?
I cannot copy the information from the list because of group restriction but there is a yahoo group called feral cats which has excellent informtion on shelters. groups.yahoo.com/groups/feral_cats



It is an international list with an EXTREMELY knowlegable group of people with literally YEARS of experience with ferals and teaching people about ferals and caring for themHow to make durable all weather outdoor feral cat shelters?
Simple wooden boxes, waterproof with plastic or tin, could use beer crates.

The cheaper the better so you can make more

No comments:

Post a Comment