Saturday, March 10, 2012

Skunk Gecko... Pet store said that the terrarium substrate heater will be fine. Is it really?

I purchased the substrate heater, it is the heat wave desert small size (sales guy said that because I have the coconut fibers that it would work best) 8x8 - 8 watts and it doesn't feel warm in the area that it is in. How warm does it need to be in a certain area for my gecko so that it will help in the digestion of his food? should I scratch the substrate heater and go with a light? It is in my sons room, I don't want it to keep him awake at night. Also, does it really need to be humid in there? I have a mesh top that came with the tank, is it better that I get a solid top with a little bit of opening? I live in Utah and the weather is in the 70's right now during the day, is it warm enough for it? at night I have the heater on set for 69 degrees, is that ok?

How do you determine the sex of a gecko? I have read other pages and don't understand what they mean. Do geckos have tongues? It doesn't look like mine does. I bought it a week ago and they said that it is about 1-2 yrs. old.Skunk Gecko... Pet store said that the terrarium substrate heater will be fine. Is it really?
You should go with lights too. You need to atleast get a day light. It wont keep your son awake, because you only keep it on at night. If you have a bottom heater than that should be enought for at night. You need to get a thermometer and a hydrometer(to keep track of the temp and humidity in your tank). Keeping a mesh top on your tank should be fine, but you do need to mist it daily.



http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vine鈥?/a>



this is a pretty good site, it tells you how warm and humid it needs to be along with other helpful information....hope it helps and good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment