Sunday, March 4, 2012

Is it dangerous to hike when only a few months pregnant?

I will be going to visit my family in Utah, July or August next summer and i will be ( hopefully ) around 4 months pregnant. I know we will be going hiking in the desert and i was wondering if this is dangerous for me or more importantly the baby since i will be in very hot weather, out in the sun and hiking all at the same time?Is it dangerous to hike when only a few months pregnant?
First of all, I would get your doctors opinion. But I would think that it should be perfectly safe. Just be careful. Wear good shoes that give you a lot of stability and always have someone close by you (NEVER go off alone-anything could happen and you won't have anyone there to help you). Wear plenty of sunscreen and bring a TON of water. Most doctors encourage exercising, so I really don't think it would be anything to worry about. I hope you have fun, and good luck with your pregnancy! :)Is it dangerous to hike when only a few months pregnant?
Shouldn't be a problem. But I would discuss it with your doctor before just in case. But unless you have some other medical problems or we are talking about very rigorous hiking then I am sure your doctor will O.K it.Is it dangerous to hike when only a few months pregnant?
talk with your doctor and see if it's ok for you to go.
you will want to lower any chances of you falling or getting injured

No comments:

Post a Comment