Sunday, March 4, 2012

Prefer/not prefer, and why: Washington, Kentucky, Tennessee, Utah, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, or N. Carolina?

I mean Washington state, by the way.



For me, most to least preferred:

1. Texas: most friendly, diversity in geography, booming cities, best looking women anywhere. Texas represent, from the ATX to El Paso, H-Town to Big Bend!

2. Oklahoma: ditto, except TX women are better, and OK cities are sleepier. More artsy and cultured than so many give it credit for.

3. Washington: incredible beauty in mountains and rainforests; this conservative guy appreciates Seattle's granola culture.

4. N. Carolina: Most beautiful state on east coast, great colleges abound

5. Tennessee: Laid-back charm, Smokies are gorgeous year round, plus they gave us Cracker Barrel

6: Colorado: Love the Rockies and scenic drives, Pike's Peak, closeness to Wyoming, but HATE Denver and Colorado Springs

7. Kentucky: Don't care for it. Very littered, little to do, too much "folksy" culture, people are closed and snooty for it to be a poorer state.

8. Utah: Very little "mormon friendliness," weather TOO COLD!Prefer/not prefer, and why: Washington, Kentucky, Tennessee, Utah, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, or N. Carolina?
Here's my preference from best to worst:



1.) Colorado - It's where I live, and I'll never leave. Weather is gorgeous, tons of sunshine, four seasons, cool, down-to-earth people, fresh air, mountains, outdoor rec, I could go on and on and on. (We have granolas in Boulder, and we have Cracker Barrell, too!)



2.) Washington - Also beautiful mountains and fresh air.... but also ocean. More cool people, but too much rain and gloomy days. I lived in Tacoma as a kid.



3.) Utah - I just love the West. Moab is so beautiful. The downside is the Mormons and the crazy laws that come with living around Mormons.



4.) North Carolina - I love Asheville and the Appalachian Trail. Pretty mountains, but I could do without the mugginess, humidity, heat, bugs, bigotry, rednecks, Bible-belt, etc.



5.) Tennessee - My husband was born and raised in East Tennessee, and his whole family still lives there, and we go back every year. I find TN to be a totally different country from CO. I love the dogwoods, the long growing season and such. I do find the people to be less intelligent, more ignorant, more bigoted, less open minded, Bible-belt, people too concerned with having fancy clothes and fancy hair and make-up, too many over-weight folks, people less enviro-friendly, less active, less fit, schools suck, etc. etc. etc. The Smoky Mountains are so polluted and gross compared to the Rockies, and the town of Gatlinburg just cheapens the Smokies, and adds a totally tacky element. And don't even get me started on the mosquitos!



6.) Kentucky - I like the long growing season, and I'm a fan of rural living. Kentucky is a close drive to Virginia, DC, less rural areas. But, there is that redneck culture that I'm not a fan of - see # 5.



7.) Texas - So hot and miserable. Not pretty. Too flat. Lots of racism against hispanics. Too conservative. The "Fattest" state in America. Not enviro-friendly. Rednecks. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing TX has to offer is a booming job market in some cities.



8.) Oklahoma - I was born (though not raised) in OK, so I think it's fair for me to say - gross. Bad schools. Ignorant people. Too rural. Total armpit of a state. (And that's coming from an Okie.) Poor, etc.



Of course, these are all my "stereotypes". And that's all they are. I know that there are people who don't fall into my stereotypes in each place. I also know we all have stereotypes, and that they're all different. These are just mine.
Texas.Prefer/not prefer, and why: Washington, Kentucky, Tennessee, Utah, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, or N. Carolina?
I have only been to N. Carolina, I really like it there and may move there one day. I have passed through Tennessee and it is pretty there.
all of them are good but for different reasonsPrefer/not prefer, and why: Washington, Kentucky, Tennessee, Utah, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, or N. Carolina?
Washington: screams "Big City" too much - not prefer

Kentucky: still Dixie enough - prefer

Tennessee: Dixie enough - prefer

Utah: They get snow! - prefer

Colorade: beautiful landscapes and mountains - prefer

Texas: home - prefer over all

Oklahoma: just not at all appealing - not prefer

North Carolina: only if nothing else was left
Yes!

Weeee...are in 3rd place, my friends!!! (two electric guitar strums)



UPDATE:

1. Washington - I live here, I love it.

2. New Jersey - I have been there. Very nice.

3. California - Too sunny. That's why I live in Washington.
Washington State. Cause that's where I was born and raised, i'll probably die here too!
Corpus Christi, Texas (also known as the Southern Riviera)



Sandy
1. Texas because that is where I was born and raised. Born and raised in El Paso and now live in Lubbock

2. Colorado. I love the mountains and great out doors

3. Oklahoma because that is where my brother lives

4. Tennessee because it is laid back and people friendly



the rest I have never been to
well.... I'm a Texan born and raised. I don't think leaving here would be to much of an option right now, and when the time does come to leave, I'll let you know where I end up
Hey mister, just come to Oklahoma. This is where all the hot, sexy cowgirls live. We are into riding our men and our tornados down a highway to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment