Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Best time to travel through Iowa, Colorado, Utah, to Reno, NV?

I plan to move from Ohio to Reno, Nevada around October/November. What will the weather/snowfall be like in these areas. I would like to avoid being snowed in.Best time to travel through Iowa, Colorado, Utah, to Reno, NV?
If you're driving you may have issues going through mountain passes. But if you're flying in, should be an issue, but it is possible to have snow. Not likely though, specially in Oct./Nov.Best time to travel through Iowa, Colorado, Utah, to Reno, NV?
Good Morning

Your routing shouldnt take you thru CO at all.

If you used mapquest [horrible ] that means two things are going on here:

You live in middle to southern OH and they basically routed you I-70W %26gt;I-15 N %26gt;I-80W

Not a bad trip but you have a really high crossing of the Rockies to do using the Eisenhower Tunnel at 11,158 '

A better and lower crossing of the Rockies would be finding I-74W off of I-70W and then to I-80W and straight into Reno

The only place that routing can and does get a little funky in terms of mountainous terrain is in the area of where I-80 %26amp; I-84 meet and then downhill to just short of the junction of I-80 %26amp; I-15 .

Once you get west of I-15 you'll be fine

Have a safe trip

Btw if you're doing this using a rental truck then I-70W out of Denver shouldn't even be an option at all

No comments:

Post a Comment