Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Should The Weather Channel skip regular scheduled programs to track current severe weather?

I am on a business trip in Utah and there are severe storms closing in on my hometown of Dallas Ft.Worth or say Austin...then weather channel goes to Storm Stories and I lose all contact with the tracking of these storms...of course I can go to various sites on the web to track this weather but what about the people who do not have access to the web?Should The Weather Channel skip regular scheduled programs to track current severe weather?
I think they should
They ARE the Weather Channel...and so I think they should preempt regular programming to cover severe weather for those that are interested. Some of their special programs are rather silly (ex: It Could Happen Tomorrow), and should be put on hold while the weather is severe so proper coverage could be given to it.Should The Weather Channel skip regular scheduled programs to track current severe weather?
It could be that since you're in Utah you aren't getting the same programming as they are in Texas. I know that here in Georgia if there is severe weather they at least run the little ticker across the bottom of the screen to keep us advised of what's going on.
I think they should track the severe weather because it may be a life and death issue.Should The Weather Channel skip regular scheduled programs to track current severe weather?
In the interest of SAFETY, one word: YES.



In terms of your situation: No.



I wouldn't fret over it. That aspect should be assumed as part of their programming, no matter WHERE you are.



Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.
  • campers
  • sailboats for sale
  • quizno
  • baltimore inner harbor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment