Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What cities in Utah, Idaho & Oregon have mountain passes along I-84?

I'm driving from Las Vegas to Portland this winter, and I need to know the name of the cities along my route which have mountain passes where I may need to chain up. I need the NAME of each CITY in order to check the 10-day forecast on "weather.com" prior to my trip.What cities in Utah, Idaho %26amp; Oregon have mountain passes along I-84?
The I84 roads through Utah don't intersect any major mountain passes. Yet you can check Snowville, UT for weather conditions. Coming through Vegas you will be on I15 for a while, you will need to check around Cedar City, UT and Beaver, UT for snow conditions there.

I-15 turns into I-84 in Tremonton, UT, and from there it is mostly flat and a major road, so they snow trucks are out alot if it is snowing. I-15 is mainly flat and doesn't go through any mountain passes. On the Utah/Idaho border there is an area of I-84 that can be closed down due to weather, mainly if there is alot of snow and it is windy. Other than that it is pretty flat through the Idaho/Oregon border. Both Utah and Idaho use the Cell phone 511 for road information.

Or for Idaho use 888-IDA-ROAD

And Utah use 866-511-UTAHWhat cities in Utah, Idaho %26amp; Oregon have mountain passes along I-84?
Hey there. I can tell you about Oregon. You need to be aware of the towns (sorry not cities) of The Dalles, Hood River and Troutdale. They are along the Columbia Gorge east of Portland OR and usually can be seen as the nastiest weather when we have snow or ice. That usually isn't until Jan or Feb though. So you might be lucky. Enjoy your trip!What cities in Utah, Idaho %26amp; Oregon have mountain passes along I-84?
Why even use that routing at all ? If you go Las Vegas ,Barstow, Bakersfield , Sacramento ,Portland not only is it shorter but because inclement weather won't slow you down it's going to be whole lot faster.
  • north carolina dmv
  • justin bieber phone number
  • jp cycles
  • tucson
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment