Saturday, February 25, 2012

How expensive is it to live in utah around st. george I am retired and tired of snow I live in ohio?

I am tired of snow wanted to move west what is the best place to move to based on economy and weather thanks you guys rockHow expensive is it to live in utah around st. george I am retired and tired of snow I live in ohio?
I've lived in St. George, Utah for twenty years. Let me tell you everything :)



Generally, the prices are higher in this part of the state compared to other parts like SLC and Provo. Sunbrook is a nice "nook" type retirement community at the edge of the city on your way to Vegas. You can find upscale places in Green Springs (my grandma lives there and loves it) And if you get closer to the golf course it's much nicer. Coral Canyon is a sweet little set-up just past Washington, it's definately out of the way and has it's own little community going. If you've got money, there are many gorgeous locations around St. George like the Ledges and out by Tuacahn (the broadway in the desert ampitheater) Hurricane lives up to it's name (lived there for five years) it's beautifully scenic, usually cheaper, cooler and has a nice slow pace about it. But the winds do come. Cedar City, though only an hour away, is a drastic change in climate and it snows a lot!... If you're not in a terrible rush, I'd attend the Parade of Homes in February (i do every year) it'll give you a sense of where and what everything is.



All in all, southern Utah is one heck of a pretty place. There's a lot of variety, new and old blood, hot summers and lovely seasons, golf courses, and friendly folk.



Hope that helped :)How expensive is it to live in utah around st. george I am retired and tired of snow I live in ohio?
The cost of living is fairly low, but beware - St. George was a nuclear test site, and it is a major cancer cluster. You can live just as cheaply somewhere else in Utah and avoid all the contamination and radiation.

No comments:

Post a Comment