Wednesday, February 29, 2012

When should my strawberries come up in their 2nd year?

I planted strawberries last year and was hoping for a big crop this year. I live in Utah and the weather is still in the 60s during the day, but I am wondering if the plants should already be up yet or if they dies during the winter?When should my strawberries come up in their 2nd year?
I live in Sevier County, Utah. With your strawberries, it depends on what type they are. Some are more resistant to the cold than others. Most strawberries will be ready to harvest around June, but some can be harvested almost all year long. The plants will send out runners to increase the amount of plants you have; and eventually you will probably have to thin the plants out to prevent overcrowding. The nice thing about that is you can give some of the plants to your neighbors or sell them on ksl.com or another classified ad site.

No comments:

Post a Comment