Saturday, February 25, 2012

What are the roads like in Utah during January?

I live in Idaho and I am going to Vegas in January, Im not sure if it would be better to travel through Utah or Nevada. Im thinking of going through Utah so I can go on the interstate, but Im not sure. Can anyone help me or let me know what they suggest? Thanks! Im mostly worried about the weather conditions and if one way is safer then the other.What are the roads like in Utah during January?
Depends on if there's a storm or not.

Usually they're pretty good, unless the storm is actually happening while you're driving..then you might find some yucky conditions.

If the storms moved through, plows will have already taken care of it.

I live in Utah, I've been to Idaho..not much difference as far as winter driving conditions.

I've driven to Vegas in the winter, I'm driving from Northern Utah to Vegas at the end of February.

95% of the time..the drive is fine.

The other 5% is well..yuck.

Good luck and have fun.

My advice: stick to the interstate....even if it is snowing, they get plowed alot quicker than the back roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment